I wrote a 3 part series on designing and coding up a mobile version of a website over on my other blog.
- Part 1 covers essential mobile web design considerations
- Part 2 shows how to code a mobile site using XHTML Basic
- Part 3 does it again but for Wordpress and creating a mobile template in your theme
It also covers how to redirect mobile users from your non-mobile site to your mobile version.
And here are a few mobile sites I’ve done for clients lately; a car detailing shop in Vancouver, BC, and another auto detailer in Calgary, a Psychotherapist in NYC, a security alarm company in Shreveport, Louisiana, a lawyer in Los Angeles (that one is done in Wordpress) and a few more still in the works.
DoFollow links available for frequent commentors.
- I’m Such a Nerd - Now a Wine Nerd
- An Ode to a Very Special Little Rescue Dog
- Centering a Div in IE9 Using margin:auto
- Playing with HTML5 for First Time
- My Wife is a Food Blogger
- Designing and Coding a Mobile Version of your Website
- A CSS Sticky Footer that Works in 2009 (Chrome too) (340)
- New iGoogle with Left Nav Bar is the SUCK! (194)
- My Cool Ass CB750 Cafe Racer (104)
- Centering a Div in IE8 Using margin:auto (15)
- The State of Local Search in Canada (14)